The Most Valuable Digital Gardening Tool
Readwise currently holds the #1 spot in my productivity stack.
On the surface, Readwise allows you to make highlights and do periodic reviews of your material, creating a spaced repetition database of your notes for learning and recall.
It's so much more.
If you are interested in knowledge management, digital gardening, or creating an idea flywheel, Readwise will happily find its place in your toolbox.
Readwise is a unique and powerful application.
I found these to be my most crucial Readwise use cases:
- Readwise can import and export your notes and highlights from multiple sources, functioning as a broker for your highlights and thoughts.
- Import your notes and highlights from Kindle, Instapaper, Twitter, Medium, and Podcasts. Then export into your note-taking app of choice. Evernote, Notion, and Roam are all currently supported.
- The power of this should not be understated. Being able to easily make notes and highlights and have them pushed into your note repository is the starting point for any high-yield digital garden.
- The Readwise app allows you to export highlights from your database to share on Twitter, Facebook or output an image you can share anywhere.
- It's super-simple, fast, and creates a beautiful knowledge-bomb artifact of your highlight to share on social.
If you have an interest in knowledge management, digital gardening, or creating any idea flywheel, you owe it to yourself to take a look at Readwise and make use of some of these under-the-surface features.